Thursday, December 17

Galicia

Wondering where this beautiful place is...
This is the Northwest of Spain in the City of Santiago and one of its cities Galicia.
It took 1 hour and 30 minutes by plane from Barcelona- My 3 day trip began in Santiago which had some similar features and architecture to England. If you have ever heard of Santiago it is very popular for its Cathedral which many people from all over the world trek to, to see, to pray and appreciate the structure.

The city is also known for its special cuisine Octopus which I did try btw! further it has many cute boutiques with home made goods. I loved walking through the small streets and smelling Castanas, this are very popular in the Christmas months in Spain My friend describes them "Round, kind of sweet, makes you want to drink" Perfect right.


Why did I visit?
I went to see a great friend of mine who I actually met in Barcelona whilst doing my intern-ship, she made me feel very much at home in her beautiful home with her loving family. The town she lives in is Orense and this is very peaceful and calm which I loved. We drove to the mountains and visited a grand hotel which is in the middle of know where in the mountains.

This is what I love in life finding new peaceful environments, where I can stand still and hear nothing expect the natural nature. This beautiful City has so much history and I would have never known about it if where not for my friend, I looking forward to returning in the summer to see much more.




This beautiful building is located in the mountains of Orense Galicia, it is a hotel called Estevo this building is from many centuries ago and which I love as most hotels are very modern now which is not always nice. I loved it so much as it holds history and raw beauty besides its very romantic.  






Signed -

Taffy ...

Cheers to Good vibes

No comments:

Post a Comment