Saturday, September 12

New Journey ...Barcelona Life.

Hello there readers, 



It's been a while ...I know I'm terrible at updating my poor blog. But hey I've began a new journey, time for new experiences. Now I'm 2 months into my 6 months stay in Barcelona. So far it's great, I'm sharing an apartment in the City of Barcelona with 5 others whilst I do my internship at - The Ritz Carlton. It's teaching me so much, and I've met such amazing people I feel like I've travelled the World in one City. I've meet people from Switzerland, Hong Kong, Galicia (Northwest of Spain), Iceland bloody Iceland imagine I never thought it would be possible. Also people from Netherlands, Italy, France and the USA. We've all formed a little family of international friends out here. Barcelona city is such an amazing city, the atmosphere is always so vibrant and there's always something to do and the summer here is scorching hot !, I've been going to little towns just outside of Barcelona and exploring, which I'll write all about later..I'll update you soon.



On the other hand whilst some of my house mates moved out my landlady put the spare rooms on Air b&b, and during this period I've also met lovelies from Morocco, Australia, Canada, Germany and France. I'll share my favourite story of all which was meeting Maddie & Alister from Melbourne, Australia. Maddie is currently studying in Paris so her and her boyfriend Alister decided for their summer break they would travel around Europe. So imagine they lost all their bank cards on their way to Barcelona. Which meant they had limited money whilst waiting for their new card to arrive, so one of the days they even ate at a homeless shelter which I was unaware off until after, when they were telling me their story they weren't even mad....this was just another experience,  a different one and one they will never forget during their travels. They were so lovely and they had such good spirits they even made myself & my friend a lovely vegan meal before they left Barcelona. If you ever get the opportunity to travel to a new place, whether its for a job or someone invites you I can't emphasise how much you should go, just go ! Travel teaches you language, lessons and new ways. It opens your eyes and opens your mind. My internship does challenge me but it is also teaching me many skills and lessons that I may not have learnt if it was easy. On this note I have decided the job I choose in the future must be one I love to ensure I feel as though I'd never worked a day in my life. When you enjoy your job you do it well and I guess your happy and my goal is life is to always be happy whilst living.


         


Images taken:
-Rooftop at W Hotel Barcelona beach
-Bunkers del Carmel Barcelona
-Monistrol de Montserrat (Mountain- Catalonias most important shrines)

Cheers to Good vibes-

Signed Taffy -  

2 comments: